• William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
• University of Wisconsin-Stout, B.S.
• U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
• Minnesota State Court
• Minnesota State Bar Association:
- Solo and Small Firm Section
- Bankruptcy Law Section
• Minnesota Women Lawyers
• National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy
• Recognized as North Star Lawyer 2013, and 2014
• Cancer Legal Line – Attorney Volunteer 2010-2015
• Volunteer Lawyers Network – Attorney Volunteer
• Lakeville Rotary Club – Youth Exchange Officer, Board Member, 2008-2014
• William Mitchell College of Law – Adjunct Professor – Writing, Representation and Advocacy Program, 2005-2012
• CAP Agency – Board Member, 2010-2011
I was born in Bloomington, Minnesota and attended Lincoln High School and the University of Wisconsin-Stout, where I graduated with a degree in Dietetics. Life intervened, and I found a new career in the legal field, starting as a litigation legal assistant at two of Minnesota’s largest law firms. I went to law school at William Mitchell while continuing to work part-time managing the office of a solo attorney, and finished in the top 15% of my class.
After law school I worked in a medium sized downtown law firm handling construction, real estate and business litigation. I added to my experience at two smaller firms, where I handled moisture intrusion cases for homeowners, real estate transactions, family law, wills, probate, and bankruptcy.
Following the 2008 recession, I became more interested in bankruptcy law, and decided to make bankruptcy the focus of my practice when I started my firm in 2013. I enjoy helping people, hearing their stories, tackling the complexity of the bankruptcy code, and unraveling the unique challenges of each case.
I love to travel to northern Minnesota in the summer and Florida in the winter, and spend time with my family.
William Mitchell Law Review, The State of Child Custody in Minnesota: Why Minnesota Should Enact the Parenting Plan Legislation (1999)
Theresa A. Peterson Law Office LLC
5801 Duluth Street, Suite 104, Golden Valley, MN 55422